UPCOMING IRMS TRAINING COURSE SCHEDULE
MASS SPEC-IRMS (3 Days)
DELTA V Series:
DeltaPlus XP & Advantage
MAT 252, 253
- This is the Core Course around which the other courses are built. It should be taken in conjunction with the other courses, or as a prerequisite for courses to be taken later.
- It is essential that attendees have a minimum of 3 months familiarization with their instrument before attending the course.
- This course focuses on the common aspects of operating and maintaining the Thermo Fisher series of IRMS instruments, with references to the older DeltaPlus and MAT 252 Series.
- Demos and exercises are performed on multiple Delta XP IRMS; which suitably proxy to the latest Delta V and to the MAT 253.
EA –IRMS (2 Days)
Carlo Erba & CE
PN150 & Zero Blank
AS200 & AS128
ConFlo II, III and IV
- In-depth look at Elemental Analyzer's hardware as well as chemistry specifics applied to the IRMS systems. Individual particularities of the Costech ECS-4010, Carlo-Erba & CE series of EAs, Thermo Flash EA & TC/EA as well as Elementar's Vario III elemental analyzer are discussed.
- Autosampler function & maintenance
- ConFlo II, III & IV interfaces function and maintenance.
- Troubleshooting of the EA-IRMS pairing.
- Isodat and EA setup, methods, analysis, and data handling.
GC-IRMS (3 Days)
- In-depth look at the gas chromatograph hardware and functions. Overview of the Agilent 6890GC and the Thermo TraceGC.
- GC-C/TC-III interfaces function and maintenance.
- GasBench II interface function, applications, and maintenance.
- Function and application of the PreCon as a preparation device for trace analysis of CH4 and
N2O in air. A look at other non-standard applications of this device.
- Troubleshooting of the GC-IRMS pairings.
- ISODAT and GC setup, methods, analysis and data handling
All courses will run as follow:
||Monday – Tuesday (EA-IRMS) – 2 days
Wednesday – Friday (MS-IRMS) – 3 days
Saturday – Sunday (Break – no classes)
University of Ottawa, Earth Sciences
G.G. Hatch Isotope Laboratory
Marion Hall (Room 101)
140 Louis Pasteur
Ottawa, ON K1N 6N5 Canada
||Monday – Wednesday (GC-IRMS) – 3 days